I am a senior graduate student in the Biophotonics Group at Duke. My research focuses on the development of optical imaging technologies for various biomedical applications. My current projects include intraoperative optical coherence tomography (OCT) to guide ocular surgery, eye-tracking for motion-compensated OCT ophthalmic imaging, and novel OCT designs for pediatric imaging. I am currently searching for post-doc opportunities and hope to become a professor in the field of biophotonics in the near future.
Please see my personal webpage for my full CV and list of publications.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Grewal, DS; Bhullar, PK; Pasricha, ND; Carrasco-Zevallos, OM; Viehland, C; Keller, B; Shen, L; Izatt, JA; Kuo, AN; Toth, CA; Mruthyunjaya, P, Intraoperative 4-Dimensional Microscope-Integrated Optical Coherence Tomography-Guided 27-Gauge Transvitreal Choroidal Biopsy for Choroidal Melanoma., Retina, vol 37 no. 4 (2017), pp. 796-799 [10.1097/iae.0000000000001326] [abs].
- Pasricha, ND; Shieh, C; Carrasco-Zevallos, OM; Keller, B; Cunefare, D; Mehta, JS; Farsiu, S; Izatt, JA; Toth, CA; Kuo, AN, Needle Depth and Big-Bubble Success in Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty: An Ex Vivo Microscope-Integrated OCT Study., Cornea, vol 35 no. 11 (2016), pp. 1471-1477 [10.1097/ico.0000000000000948] [abs].
- Carrasco-Zevallos, OM; Qian, R; Gahm, N; Migacz, J; Toth, CA; Izatt, JA, Long working distance OCT with a compact 2f retinal scanning configuration for pediatric imaging., Optics Letters, vol 41 no. 21 (2016), pp. 4891-4894 [10.1364/ol.41.004891] [abs].
- Carrasco-Zevallos, OM; Keller, B; Viehland, C; Shen, L; Waterman, G; Todorich, B; Shieh, C; Hahn, P; Farsiu, S; Kuo, AN; Toth, CA; Izatt, JA, Live volumetric (4D) visualization and guidance of in vivo human ophthalmic surgery with intraoperative optical coherence tomography., Scientific Reports, vol 6 (2016) [10.1038/srep31689] [abs].
- Todorich, B; Shieh, C; DeSouza, PJ; Carrasco-Zevallos, OM; Cunefare, DL; Stinnett, SS; Izatt, JA; Farsiu, S; Mruthyunjaya, P; Kuo, AN; Toth, CA, Impact of Microscope-Integrated OCT on Ophthalmology Resident Performance of Anterior Segment Surgical Maneuvers in Model Eyes., Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, vol 57 no. 9 (2016), pp. OCT146-OCT153 [10.1167/iovs.15-18818] [abs].